School Hours: 8:25 AM to 3:05 PM M-TH | Office Hours: 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM M-F
Welcome to a safe learning environment for students in preschool through 6th grade!
To Inspire, Educate, Enrich, and Encourage Achievement for All
Click here to view February's Newsletter
Kindergarten-Registration Now open for 2021-2022
To Enroll Your Child for Kindergarten CLICK HERE!
Use the step by step instructions below.
Virtual Learning Opportunities for 2021-22
Read Jordan District's information about Rocky Peak Virtual Elementary by clicking on the link below. If you are interested in having your child participate in these virtual programs, complete the registration. In the future, there will not be a virtual learning option from Copper Canyon Elementary.
2020-2021 School Year
2020 Approved JSD School Reopening Plan
On July 28, 2020, the Board of Education of Jordan School District approved the JSD School Reopening Plan. Access to the information is available through this link: Board Approved Plan for Reopening Schools
Dear Copper Canyon Parents,
Welcome back! And thank you for being so patient as we prepare for this unique school year. We understand the concerns and challenges connected with the COVID-19 pandemic and have created a detailed reopening plan to provide support and safety for everyone. We have worked hard to develop a plan that meets the requirements established by both the Utah State Board of Education and Jordan School District. While there are many new procedures for all of us, kids are amazingly resilient, and the new procedures will quickly become our new “normal”. Please carefully review the procedures outlined in this plan. We appreciate your support and cooperation as we make every effort to keep our students, staff, and community healthy and safe. We love our students and are so excited to be with them again!
Patty Bowen, Principal
**Please read our plan carefully and keep it handy for future reference. We have listed below a few highlights from the plan to remember:
- “ If you feel sick, please stay home.” If students feel sick or have any COVID-19 symptoms please keep them home.
- Students must wear masks at school. If a face shield is worn, it must be accompanied by a face mask worn underneath as per Governor’s order.
- Bring a FILLED water bottle each day. During COVID the drinking fountains will not be used, so it will be very important to have a water bottle each day.
- Lunch - Students who bring their lunch from home are encouraged to use disposable paper bags for increased sanitization. Important Note: Once school starts all breakfast and lunches will be charged to student accounts.
- Lunch for Virtual Online Learning Students: Online students may pick up lunches from school, which will be charged to their lunch account. There will be no curbside pickup. Online students will pick up their lunch at the lunchroom door: M-F 11:00 am - 11:30 am
- Friday Schedule - All students will be engaged in learning on Fridays, but students will only be physically in the school by teacher appointment. Friday attendance is not required.
- Our school office is now open from 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM.
- If you wish to register a new student, please go to the following link and register online: Copper Canyon 20-21 Family Access Registration
- After completion of online registration, please bring essential registration documents (birth certificate, immunization records, proof of residency) to the office during office hours.
A MESSAGE TO OUR STUDENTS
AS A REMINDER:
Please keep your children home if they are running a fever, and remember to call the main office and let us know that your child is home sick. If you choose to check out your child before school ends, you must do so through the main office, not with the classroom teacher. Also, to help things run smoothly, please make arrangements before school, regarding checkouts.
As an increased security measure, we now have a buzz-in system installed on the main office door. Please be prepared with picture ID when you come to the school, as you may be required to show it for entrance into the building or to check out your student. This is a necessary procedure that helps ensure all students’ safety. If you have questions regarding snow day closures and other weather-related concerns, please check information between 6-8 a.m. on KSL – 1160 AM or 102.7 FM. You may also check TV stations KUTV – Channel 2, KTVX – Channel 4, KSL – Channel 5, or Fox News – Channel 13 for messages.
3 Cheers for our Orchestra Students!
Congrats to all Reflections Participants!
We are a Beverley Taylor Sorenson Arts Learning Program School! Art Form: Theater Arts with Specialist Sheri Harrington
JSD Policy – Bullying and Cyber-bullying (click to download)-Copper Canyon follows District policy regarding bullying and cyber-bullying. Parents and students should report any incidents to the classroom teacher or principal.