You must complete 16 out of the 20 activities to receive your 5th Grade Coyote Pride
- Average > 80% on Spelling Tests
- Average > 80% on Reading Responses
- Memorize and present an approved poem(s) with 100 words or more words
- Participate in class Spelling Bee. (You must make it through the 1st round, or log two hours of study time at home signed by a parent and turned in BEFORE the Spelling Bee.)
- Be a Published Writer following the writing steps (pre-write, draft, revise, edit, final draft)
- Master 5th grade Math Fact Fluency (90%)
- Successfully complete an approved Science Project at home.
- Participate in school Egg Drop activity
- Pass U.S. States test with a > 80%
- Fully participate in the 5th grade Biztown simulation. Participation includes work in class and at the actual JA City simulation.
- Research and complete a written report and oral presentation on a state of your choice.
- Memorize and present the Preamble to the Constitution.
- Achieve Gold, Silver, or Bronze in the 5th Grade fitness program.
School Sponsored Activities:
- Participate in the school talent show
- Participate in PTA Reflections
- Participate in one of the following for at least half the year (school choir, band, student council, or hope squad.)
- Attend > 162 days of school
- Receive no more than 10 Tardies
- Type 25 words per minute
- Complete a community service project(s) that requires 4-6 hours of your time. The service must be for someone outside of your family and the student cannot be compensated for the service.