You must complete 15 activities or goals of interest to earn your 6th Grade Coyote Pride.
1. Average >70% on Comprehension Tests
2. Achieve a monthly reading goal at 80% or higher (400 min goal).
3. Memorize and present an approved poem of 150 or more words.
4. Participate in a Class Spelling Bee; you must make it through the second round, or log 2 hours of study time at home with a signature handed in before the spelling bee.
5. Read 2 different books (minimum 100 pages) and turn in approved book reports.
6. Participate in the Egg Drop.
7. Plan & build a 3D model showing a symbiotic relationship of at least 2 different species.
8. Research a planet of your choice and build a 3D model.
9. Design, engineer, and test a device to manage heat transfer.
10. Track weather, humidity, and air pressure, and include an explanation of how they affect one another.
11. Research and present on a historical figure (before 1800) with the Pizza Box template (Done in October).
12. Research and do a presentation on a different country of your choice. (Spring)
13. Watch 18 “CNN 10” episodes, and write a summary of each one.
Extra Curricular Activities:
14. Participate in the School Talent Show/ or PTA reflections.
15. Participate in an afterschool activity. (Sports, music, scouts, etc.)
16. Complete 5 “Authentic Learning Experiences”. (Found on Canvas)
17. Achieve Gold, Silver, or Bronze in the Sixth Grade Fitness Program.
18. Plan, carry out, and log a healthy exercise program for three consecutive weeks.
19. Complete a community service project that requires at least 5 hours of your time. This needs to benefit someone outside of family and the student cannot be compensated. This can be a combination of more than one service activity. Turn in with a parent signature.
20. Type 30+ words per minute.